Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2011

AUGUST 13, 2010 (My post from one year ago)

ONE YEAR AGO TODAY

We were all so happy and naive!
And now, a year later we still wait to see the face of a little one that we can call our own. It is a mystery to me how I can love and miss someone that I don't even know.
Just a heads up...if I am posting this in 2012 as two years ago today, I may need some serious help! :)


One BIG step closer


Our dossier left for Korea yesterday around 2:00!!!!

I was so surprised when I got the mail and saw the USCIS return address. It has only been a little over 4 weeks since we sent in our I600A and a little over 1 week since our fingerprinting!! I am so relieved to have it on its way!

We celebrated at Cold Stone last night. I had been holding on to a gift card that I got for Christmas. (Thanks John and Dani!!)


So begins our countdown! (The latest on referrals is about 6 to 8 months.)

Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear. Is 65:24

8 comments:

  1. Oh we're here waiting for "the call" too. There's certainly joy and peace in the submission to His plan. BUT... I'm mortal and the wait is killing me!!!
    Blessings on the journey,
    Nancy-of the crazy 8

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot-woot! Congrats my friend! What a big step!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure hope you get to see your little one's face soon! Oh, and I love your new blog background - so cute! Blessings to you today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So neat!!! One year ago today we got our long-awaited FBI results back! Can't wait to see where we both are next year on August 13th! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my - the waiting is beyond painful. We're in it for the long haul - we're hearing 2 years right now. But we know it's right...so we wait.

    Brooke
    www.TheAnnessaFamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hugs! I am so sorry it is going so slow. The wait is hard enough when things move along so I know it must be extremely hard when it is at a standstill. I know God has a plan but it is still hard waiting. Hopefully a year from now your post is about how well you little one is doing at home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hugs to you in the waiting. May God draw you further into Him with each new day of the wait, while also bringing your closer to your child!!!! Simply cannot WAIT for you to get that call!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know the pain of that wait. One of these days you are going to get that phone call and the agony of the last year will melt away in a heartbeat! Hang in there!!! You are always in our prayers. HUGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete