Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

I think I can, I think I can...


This was my motto on Friday night as my screened in porch looked like this:
We had a yard sale Saturday. We received donations from about 15 different families in our neighborhood and church. (A huge thank you to all who donated! We certainly couldn't have made much money on our own!) Our yard soon looked like this:
By about 8:30 AM this is how I felt:
Our shoppers had a good laugh at Lindsey sound asleep in the front doorway. Tim and I concluded that yard sales are a lot of work, but are a sure way to make money! So if you are a fundraising family....ask for donations and have a yard sale before the weather gets too cold.

Last night before bed, Ethan said he was excited for the first Sunday school class. With my tired brain, filled with price tags and treasures, I said, "Oh, yeah, fun...goodnight!" This morning on the way to church I reminded him what he said and that last week was actually the first class.

He said,"Not my class...your and dad's adoption class. I can't wait to see who is going to adopt next, besides the Hughes and Hilts." I love that he is anticipating other families responding to the needs of the fatherless! I agree with Ethan, I can't wait to see other families start their own adoption journey. The Lord knows and maybe it will be YOU!!

7 comments:

  1. wow, what a bunch of junk..who GAVE you all that?? haha, j/k! wish I could have been here to help at the sale, but seems i like to flee town when you have a yard sale ;) (is that that picture of those weird flute players again on your porch, btw???)

    you are raisin' some good kiddos-about bawled when Pat got Ben and Ethan's donations for his triathlon...so sweet, blessed us tremendously!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--what an awesome yard sale! I'm glad it was successful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great yard sale - terrific picture - and LOVE what Ethan had to say! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment! Your 'got love' items are cute!! I'd love to hear if you have any suggestions, post-yard sale -- and about your other fundraisers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty funny ... was about to tell you about a friend who just did a tri ... see you already know them :)

    The 1/2 is one month from today ... which is just crazy. And I agree with you on the letter ... that's real accountability there! No turning back ... let me know if you want a copy of our letter ... luchttd AT yahoo DOT com

    And yeah, MaryLeigh & crew are good people ... and their boy is pretty adorable.

    GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the comment on our blog! You have a beautiful family, and it will be exciting to see what God has in store for all of you with this next little one.
    Blessings,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete